A decade of walking together… 🙂
Few Miles travelled…
With ups and downs…
Thru thick and thin… Good and Not-so-good memories… A roller coaster ride it has been…
Few highlights of our journey:
- A simple white metal ring with an American diamond (which Renu, my sis, gifted me), worn on the wrong finger (the ring finger), had given you the courage to propose me thinking I’m already engaged. 😀
- Thanks to Rediffmail….a series of emails with ‘why it’s not possible‘ that I used to write during the day and your responses during midnight with “why it’ll work” for a continuous 7 months…Man, patience and perseverance were the two qualities of yours that I still envy. Had it been anyone else, with so much of negativity from me, would have left front long back. 😀
- You still believing that I looked back at you while walking through the corridors of our office in Patel Nagar and I still disagreeing of it. 😀
- The best was your interview with Dad…and his verdict, “I can’t find a better guy for you, but you can’t marry him.” 😦
- The 12 scary nights at Apollo Hospital during my illness and subsequent surgery…I swear I had thought you’d leave me forever. 😥 Thanks for disproving me and being with me showering positive vibes all the time…I’m sure without you I wouldn’t have come out of that depressing phase. 🙂
- It’ll be a sin on my part if I do not thank God for the precious angels we are blessed with. 🙂 At this point in time, I’m glad we have all that one can ask for. Thank you, Lord! Bless us now and always with all that is enough for us to lead a peaceful life. 🙂
You are the best thing that could have happened to me. I’m sure God couldn’t find someone from my region who could tolerate me and my tantrums for so long and that’s why He had to create one here in North India and make ways for us to meet.
A shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, a heart to care, a friend to fight with (I know you’re smiling thinking that I only initiate it most of the times. Gracefully accepted 😉 ), a parent at times, a brother at times, a doc at times…you are an All-In-One package for me. 🙂
10 years back, on the 17th of December 2002, we weren’t sure we would get married…our parents weren’t sure if we would come this long…but I’m sure that they are now thankful to the Almighty as much as we are, for having united us.
Marriages are truly made in Heaven…and we only have the responsibility to make them work.
I still remember Vix’s words during our initial ‘the so-called struggling‘ days,
“Together we’ll move mountains…”
We did and We will. 🙂
Many more miles to go…
A Big Thank You for accepting me as I am with all my flaws….and never complaining, the way I do. 🙂
Here’s wishing you a Very Happy Anniversary on completing a decade of togetherness! 🙂
Wanna be one of your strengths for many more decades. 🙂
Love you lots,
A note to the youngsters as well as parents:
Ours was a love marriage arranged solely by Him, us and a few friends. The biggest thing we lacked for years was our parents’ blessings. My Dad didn’t speak to me for 18 long months after my marriage (the toughest punishment for me), till I got ill. Please please please try and convince your parents as far as possible.
And parents, please please please have faith in your upbringing and stretch your hands to bless your kid and his/her choice. It’s never complete without your blessings. Otherwise, it’s not just the two of them, but two families that are going through the entire painful episode.
So to all those who thought it was a fairy tale coming true…lemme tell you, it could have been much much joyful had it happened with the blessings of our elders.
P.S. – On this day, we ought to thank a lot of people, who believed in us, when many didn’t. Saurabh, Roystan, Shreesh, Tanuja, Mahender, Neeraj, Prashant, Tamojit and 3-months old Shreeja. You were the ones who made it possible. Renu, Raju bhaiya, Jyoti, without your love and support, life wouldn’t have been fun. Chachu and Chachi, Raj uncle and Kiran aunty, for rushing to our help whenever needed. Sundaramama for calling up every morning to check my well-being.
And most of all, Acha & Amma, Ma & Papa, for forgiving us and accepting us. I am sure now you do trust that we never had any bad intentions. A BIG SORRY for one last time. Please forgive us.
While I write this (3.12 a.m. on 16th December, 2012), it’s raining heavily…I’m sure the Lords can see my tears. 😥
IMPORTANT NOTE – Please don’t misinterpret that my Dad was the villain in the story. He was scared of losing me…losing me to death…because he had seen a Di (Vimala Di) in our neighbourhood burnt alive by her in-laws. Being a mother of 2 girls, I can feel the pain he would have undergone during those days. But with Vix by my side, I have fought a deadly disease and have come back roaring, so Acha can be rest assured that nothing will ever make him lose me. Love you lots Acha…
17-December-2002 to 17-December-2012
The best feelings are those that have no words to describe them.
Love @ 1 year…she’s the one who taught us to mix a lil foolishness with prudence 🙂
A shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen and a wonderful companion
And, that’s us after 10 long years of togetherness 🙂